We believe that the future of neuroscience will be driven by collaboration between labs. Our mission is to develop channels of communication and distribution of resources between labs to enable exponential growth and innovation. As a part of this team, you will be at the forefront of this effort, shaping the way data, analysis and visualization tools are standardized and shared across the international community of systems neuroscientists. We embrace todays culture of flexibility and work-life balance, and we are flexible with location and time commitment.
DATE : April 29 2020
LOCATION : Remote
FLSA : Part-time contractor
Develop a data science infrastructure for neuroscience labs that will enable collaboration within and across labs. Work closely between researchers and software developers, applying practical and well-engineered data solutions to neuro-data problems. Provide our clients with working code in MATLAB and python that integrates open source data science tools into their workflow and guide the development of these tools to address the needs of the labs.
- Understand the specific needs of the clients and determine which tools can best meet those needs.
- Delve into the various data formats, pipelines and analysis of labs, and implement a plan to integrate the components into a cohesive system
- Communicate and iterate regularly with labs to ensure product efficacy
- Convert lab data to standard formats (e.g. Neurodata Without Borders) and develop analysis and visualization tools for those formats
- Participate in weekly video conference meetings
The ideal candidate would have:
- Doctorate or post-graduate experience in neurophysiology. Preferred experience in multi-unit electrophysiology or calcium imaging.
- Expertise in python, git and GitHub. Preference given to candidates with C++ or SQL experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate with clients and respond efficiently to their requests.
- Ability to see the big picture and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Capacity to multitask and meet deadlines.
LOCATION : Remote
FLSA: Part-time contractor
The core value that CatalystNeuro provides is matching labs that have data infrastructure needs with scientists, data scientists, and developers that specialize in those technologies.
As our projects grow, we are increasingly in need of someone who can help us manage this workflow. This person should have excellent organization and communication skills. As a business manager of a small company, this person would act as the primary liaison and would be expected to wear many hats.
- Work closely with the Director and project team to ensure all milestones are being met in accordance with the guidelines set in work plans and agreements. Facilitate project requirements, budget monitoring, special projects and ensure the timely submission of deliverables as required.
- Responsible for the daily administrative operations and management of financial transactions, preparation of regular reporting on status of projects and Provide monthly reports to the Director on activity. Manage and process the flow of all related documents utilizing all appropriate electronic systems.
- Reconcile monthly all project accounts. Oversee project invoicing, payroll reports to Director and project status to projections.
- Manages budgets for project agreements. Maintain databases for pending and funded projects. Reconcile information/reports and provide the Director with regular financial status reports.
- Coordinate and support the preparation and production of proposals, Statement of Work, etc and advise the Director of institutional policies, due dates for progress reports, etc. Works to ensure proper communication of upcoming agreements and proposals.
- Help with hiring of employees and contractors from around the world, managing applications and screening potential new team members.
Manage the branding, website, social media, interfacing with news outlets.
- Participate in weekly video conference meetings.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Proven management, financial administration, and/or customer service experience. Strong MS Office skills and proficient experience with QuickBooks. Solid writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with diverse constituencies. Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion. Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects.
- Extensive experience or training in business management for small businesses/startups.
- High energy and upbeat multi-tasker, supremely organized with exquisite attention to detail, independent thinker with ability to see the big picture and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Demonstrated an interest in neuroscience and/or open science (an advanced degree in this field would not be expected for this position).