OUR CULTURE CatalystNeuro values independence and collaboration. Our mission is to develop channels of communication and distribution of resources between labs to enable exponential growth and innovation. As a part of this team, you will be at the forefront of this effort, shaping the way data, analysis, and visualization tools are standardized and shared across the international community of systems neuroscientists. We embrace today's culture of flexibility and work-life balance, and we are flexible with location and time commitment. While we are based in the United States, we pride ourselves on pulling the best talent from the international landscape.
DATE : April 29 2020
LOCATION : Remote
FLSA : Part-time contractor
Develop a data science infrastructure for neuroscience labs that will enable collaboration within and across labs. Work closely between researchers and software developers, applying practical and well-engineered data solutions to neuro-data problems. Provide our clients with working code in MATLAB and python that integrates open source data science tools into their workflow and guide the development of these tools to address the needs of the labs.
- Understand the specific needs of the clients and determine which tools can best meet those needs.
- Delve into the various data formats, pipelines and analysis of labs, and implement a plan to integrate the components into a cohesive system
- Communicate and iterate regularly with labs to ensure product efficacy
- Convert lab data to standard formats (e.g. Neurodata Without Borders) and develop analysis and visualization tools for those formats
- Participate in weekly video conference meetings
The ideal candidate would have:
- Doctorate or post-graduate experience in neurophysiology. Preferred experience in multi-unit electrophysiology or calcium imaging.
- Expertise in python, git and GitHub. Preference given to candidates with C++ or SQL experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate with clients and respond efficiently to their requests.
- Ability to see the big picture and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Capacity to multitask and meet deadlines.